Friday, July 17, 2009

One week down!







I can't believe it has already been a week since I arrived. The days just seem to be flying! The kids are all very attached now and are making great progress. I feel so lucky to be able to watch these kids blossom in front of my eyes. The other day one of my kids took his first steps! I was so excited for him, I ran around the balcony telling all the other volunteers, I am sure I looked like a 5 year old at Disneyland!




Each day that I spend with these kids makes me realize even more how blessed I have been in my life. I am so lucky to have all of you in my life! I often get so caught up in daily life that I dont take time to acknowledge the small things. The kids here appreciate every little thing it is great to see.




A few days ago an adoptive family came in to fill out some paperwork. This trip is a 2 day trip where they are able to meet their child for the first time unfortunately the next step is usually a minimum of 6 months. The family was very sweet and I was able to talk to them for quite a bit. Watching them leave was difficult but made me appreciate more what the volunteers do here. It also made me realize how much I too missed my parents just as the child did when they said goodbye. I have been so lucky to have two amazing parents who have been there for me my whole life! This child has two amazing parents who love him so much and are counting down days until they can be together. It truly was an incredible thing to see.



These pictures are of the view from the balcony where I spend my day and of some of the kids!

2 comments:

  1. Laila,
    What a beautiful view you have. Amazing such a poor country, yet so beautiful. It sounds like your experience is getting richer by the moment. I am so happy for you and those darling children that get to spend this time with you. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laila joon,
    The view looks amazing and the children look precious. Your Mom and Dad were at our house last night and we were able to share the blog with Aunti Monir, Uncle Mahmoud, Uncle Firouz, Uncle Mehrdad, Fati joon and Reyhaneh last night. Mamajoon, Uncle Bahman, Sanaz & Tara send their love. We cannot wait to see you.
    Love, Junjun

    ReplyDelete