Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 5!







I cannot believe how fast the days are going. The kids are great. Each day I work with 8 kids individually for an hour each. Some of the kids have more challenges to overcome than others but they are all incredible kids. They truly are little angels. Yesterday another volunteer and I took two of the kids out for a walk and we got them cookies and juice. They were so excited for the treat and by the end they were covered in their treats!



Life here is definitely quite different! outside the window where I sleep there are a couple cows and goats they stay up all night! As if that isn't enough they slaughter a pig every saturday right out the window as well. I am woken up pretty early every day because the volunteer house sits next door to the toddler house so at around 6 or 6:30 there are 80 toddlers running and screaming outside! I love it. Each day is new and exciting. Today is picture day so we have been getting all the kids dressed up and taking individual photos to update adoptive parents on their children! It is exhausting but they all look soo cute! Above are a few of my kids, it is really hard to get pictures to load here because the internet doesn't always work that well but I have a ton of pictures That I will show when I get home but these are just a few so you can see what I do all day!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! How cute is that baby! The ones you are taking care of are very cute too! Thank you for the pictures...it is wonderful to see you. I miss you, but I can see you are doing a great thing! I love you so much. Can't wait to see your next blog.
    Love,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Laila! Thanks so much for posting those pictures. I am so proud of you and all the work you are doing. I miss ya around the house, but it won't be too long until I get to see you again. Keep up the amazing work! Can't wait to read/see more!

    Love,
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Pictures, it looks like you are having a good time there. Send more pictures if you can. I love you very much.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures. The kids look sooo adorable. It makes me feel like I am a part of your adventurous journey. I am so proud of what you are doing. I cannot wait to see all the pictures when you return.

    Love,
    Junjun
    and Sanaz & Tara

    ReplyDelete